Tuesday, April 08, 2008
Yesterday was a day of firsts for me! Something new, definitely.
  • Started with a haircut. My first time to try a salon nearby, thanks to Malor's recommendation. I was planning to have my hair straightened, but I emerged from the salon with short hair. With short bangs. According to the varied reactions I get, my look ranges from anime to Japanese schoolgirl to a kid. I go for the kid. As in a kid let loose on her bangs with a pair of scissors. Ugh. It's going to be in a clip everyday for three weeks!
  • Wall-climbing! I'm not really afraid of heights, but after my brother's accident while wall-climbing a few years back have sort of uninspired me to climb. It was just a need for some physical activity that I went along with my officemates to climb. We went to Power Up. It was such a workout! I initially thought I couldn't carry myself - but ooh! I made it up the wall (with much "Karinaaaa [my belayer]! I'm going dooowwwnnn!" but she [and my friends watching, not to mention the guy who trained us] made me go all the way up). I belayed for Malor and it was quite a workout too. Gah. We're so going to that the next chance we get.
  • Streetfood in UP! Introduction to street food is an oft-postponed project of my friends for me. Yes, I do eat street food - most memorably fish balls literally on Libis with my old teammates (Team F) in the middle of the day, rush hour - so I'm not sure why people do not think I do not eat street food. I haven't tried, though, isaw, toknene and the like. P and I always plan for that near our office before, but it never pushed through. So after wall-climbing, we headed off to UP for street food. Yummy! I ate off Malor's food too. It was surprisingly filling, topped off with C2 - too bad there was no dirty ice cream available.
Even if my body's aching from the workout from climbing that I did, I thoroughly enjoyed it! I miss sweating and the energy boost. I'd love to try wall-climbing again - less fear now, knowing it's not as scary as I initially thought it was (yes, must not look down). New things to try and do! Again, I'm getting amused as the year goes by - I'm not expecting anymore and letting myself be pleasantly amazed and surprised at whatever comes along my way.

Labels: , ,

Posted at 11:57 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.