Monday, June 18, 2007
Yay - super long overdue story about Jay and Mims' wedding! I was only able to get the pics today and finally I can post this. I'm also about to send out the pics to my friends. :)

It was Jay and Mims' wedding last April 28. Mass was held at Christ the King. As I expected, I cried but during the wedding march. The doors of the church opened, Mims stepped in through a haze of butterflies and petals to Kyla's "Beautiful Days". Siiiigh. Super touching.

It was such a fun wedding! At the church, I was seated between Crissy and Pat (Mel's bf) and all around us were cameras, bags (Mel and P left their bags with us since their ento dresses came along with pouches) and other stuff. Sofie, Kerfuffs, Sly and Ate She joined us soon after. :)

Thank goodness we were able to convoy together to the reception which was at Wack Wack (we all had no idea where it was) - and arriving there, it was annoying that our convoy was made to drive around and drop off our passengers kuno - hello, all the drivers (Ate She, Kathy, me, Pat) were all dressed up, do we look like we were there to drop off people?! We were stuck in the traffic jam at the reception hall. Hmph. Our parking was sooo far.

The reception was fun, with our table being the last ever even if it was near the buffet, thus last to be photographed and last to get to the buffet and lechon. Huhuhu... But we were all hungry and the appetizers (sushi and dimsum) on the table were not enough, we came up with a plan: each of us at the table would discreetly go by pairs (or so) to the salad station then the soup station while the program and picture-taking was going on. O di ba? We were successful ha! We weren't cheating, technically because we never went near the main course or dessert. The beauty of the reception hall was that it was very spacious and the buffet table was not jam packed, as earlier envisioned by P and I (we had been worrying about that for days, ready to elbow anyone in our pretty dresses). By the time we had our picture taken, our table was covered with our leftover salad plates and soup bowls. Hee.

I loved the food and the buffet set up, I cannot emphasize enough how organized it was so that there was no waiting or lining up or lack of food. I was happy to report to Mims that P and I were able to eat well (she knows P and I love to eat and have huge appetites). Loved the cake by Alex Franco! Too bad I don't have a picture of the cake - it was very, very pretty and delicious. We obviously loved the other desserts too.

The program was okay... there was the dreaded bouquet thing, which Sofie got. Mims also got to sing (super talented girl)! Later on, we spent the night camwhoring (pang Friendster! Haha, it's such a rare occasion to have us all dressed and made up like that), making kulit the newlyweds and emoting at the chocolate fountain. Super fun! I miss those people talaga. :( But I was glad to be there. Such a lovely wedding, even if there was a huge guest list, Mims and Jay pulled it off to have such an intimate feel to it.


The very pasaway Table 26! I ♥ and miss these people!


Part of the Friendster profile pic series: my two very willing and favorite subjects, Sofie and Kathy. I should have a separate folder for them already since they're always game to pose for my camera!

Labels: ,

Posted at 12:33 AM |

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look so pretty!! You should dress like that more often. ;) Even when you're just going to the mall, girl it up!! Hahaha. I should talk... how tiring it must be to look spiffy ALL THE TIME.

Is that a chocolate fondue?? Drool. If or when I do get married, I don't want a cake! I want a choco fondue fountain instead!!

Wait. Cake is always good. Hmm.. I don't know. Unlike Loida, it's not like I have the whole wedding prep mapped out.. Basta I want a choco fondue fountain! Hahaha. Gotta have my priorities!

10:23 PM, June 27, 2007  
Blogger monch said...

Hee thanks Jo! Just for that wedding, I super prepped for once in my life... but now I realize it's tiring, but fun and worth the effort. Hehe. :)

Yes it's a chocolate fondue and it was thick and chocolatey (good thing the caterer didn't scrimp on that). The cake was really good, though - had mango, chocolate and... I forget. Oh, fresh flowers on the cake itself. Pretty! When you come here, we'll go have a Toblerone chocolate fondue! :) Promise!

12:38 AM, June 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.