Saturday, June 09, 2007
My friend Gwennie is getting married in December and since she's not based in Manila, she has a wedding coordinator. Although she can come to Manila every so often only, Gwennie tries to squeeze in some wedding events. So for her visit this May-June, she mentioned that she'd be going to wedding fairs. And with my current state right now, I happily agreed to tag along.

We went to a wedding fair last Saturday at the Fort. It was going to be my first wedding fair! And ooh I was overwhelmed with all the choices for photographers, caterers, venues, invitations, gowns, make up artists, rings and so on that after an hour plus or so, I was actually relieved when Gwennie suggested we sit down for water. I was so exhausted, but it was fun! I actually picked out my invitations, theme, motif and cute ideas for the reception. Hahaha I realized I just like planning the production, but not necessarily going through with it. And I picked my invitation out before Gwennie did (although Gwennie, I know what you like and I think you're sort of leaning towards a certain printer?).

Oh, some random stuff about that wedding fair - if you're a soon-to-wed, you get to wear a name tag with a red lanyard while if your a friend-o-saurus (as what my brother calls me. You know, as opposed to a "bridezilla", the friend is a "friend-o-saurus"), your name tag has a black lanyard. Not that I think they need to define who's about to get married or not, brides-to-be have this certain glow about them, while the rest don't. I mean, even if Gwennie wasn't wearing her name tag, she was the one being handed flyers about various wedding services and being interviewed when and where was the wedding. How can they tell?! Or is it because I have a bitter-bitteran aura?! Hahaha!

Yesterday, we hit another wedding fair in Megamall, this time with Tessa and Ange. We didn't stay that long because our main concern was to look for invites, rings and souvenirs, which the wedding fair in Mega didn't have as much as the one in the Fort (mostly photographers), although we were able to check out Gwennie's cake supplier. We then went to a wedding showroom in Edsa Shang for the wedding invites.

It's fun, all these wedding preps with and for Gwennie, with such an overload of ideas! And it's also fun and interesting to imagine how one might go through the motions when that time comes, considering so much options are available (can you imagine all the kinds of cuisine and gimmicks possible? You can even have a dessert buffet! I can't even begin to think about the food-tasting when it comes to that. Hehe). I never realized and appreciated how much real effort is put into that one big day and I am looking forward to Gwennie's big day later this year!

Labels:

Posted at 7:21 PM |

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read the whole thing, but my mind was like,

.........

DAMN. What a production!!! I say, just go to Vegas and get it over done with! Haha!

10:18 PM, June 27, 2007  
Blogger monch said...

Super production! Gwennie has a notebook for all the details and stuff... actually meeting with the wedding coordinator laid out all the details and I'm like, wow that is a lot! Hehehe, that's a thought about Vegas - maybe I'll do that! ;P

12:34 AM, June 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.