Saturday, March 10, 2007
Friday's Feast One Hundred and Thirty-Four on a Saturday

Appetizer
What is your usual bedtime? Do you like that, or would you rather it be different?
These days, my usual bedtime is 1-2a. Hehe due to texting marathons, TV, going online, journaling and reading. I kind of like it, because my mind is pretty active late at night.

Soup
When it comes to advice, do you give more or receive more?
I'm embarrassed to say I receive more. I'm not unstable (oh, I hope not!), I just have very good friends and family who like to listen and give advice when I simply make kwento, even the most really boring and mundane stuff.

Salad
Describe a memorable meal you've had.
Top of my head, anything to do with buffets. My family likes to eat a lot, especially during special occasions. I love to go the hotel interactive buffets because of the extensive choices, especially when it comes to dessert!

Main Course
Name a work of fiction that affected the way you think about something.
Definitely Paolo Coelho's The Alchemist. I read it when I graduated from college and cried very hard - in fact, I can't read it without crying. Made me think of what going after one's dreams meant, but in this life, I wonder how that would work out. Okay, that's another story.

Dessert
What is your favorite type of fruit juice?
Only apple juice. Not really a juice person, we hardly had juice at home.

* * *
Practically the whole day yesterday I spent hanging out (okay, that's a weird word to use in context to describe but it's true) at Patty's dad's wake in Della Strada. It was good to see P okay - I'm not quite sure usually how to act towards people in funerals or wakes, mainly because... I don't quite know how to handle grief.

And good thing P noticed that since we got into talking about how surreal this whole experience was for her and yet she's okay since we talked about our normal stuff, punctuated with laughter and weird stuff. Anyway, we talked about how, is this our dry and unemotional side that's on right now? Since we've conditioned ourselves to be stoic almost always, was this being really insensitive right now? Because sometimes, emotion hits us at the most unexpected times and places. It was good to see she understood my point, since I had been feeling awkward. I don't know, I guess I really don't know how to express my sympathy except by being there. Which, I hope, counted.

* * *
On a lighter note, spending the whole day at the wake was interesting. We spent it eating! Lunch with a dessert of strawberries and cream (yummy, even if I'm not a strawberry fan! Loved the cream), coffee (omg, I have a new discovery: Nescafe 3-in-1! I like. P told me Val's favorite instant coffee is KDO. Hmm, must try. Yes, I still, still miss coffee) and taisan cupcake, this kuapao, the best siomais I've tried from Forbes, Krispy Kreme chocolate doughnut (sorely tempted to get the Cheesecake one, but I got shy), cold but still delicious Red Ribbon spaghetti, homemade chicken sandwiches (how do they get their white bread to taste like that?) and endless Coke. Wahh... so full. It was so fun when the people from the office came and we just spent the whole time eating, talking and laughing. Oh, and bonding with people I didn't quite expect to chat with, but it was all good.

P and I walked around Della Strada too. I've only attended Mass there once and I think it was a funeral mass pa ages ago so I don't remember it much. I arrived early so I looked for the Adoration Chapel. Then in the afternoon P showed me a small chapel (room?) below the main church that they like. Simple and pretty.

* * *
Yesterday Early this morning, it was the first time I was the "school bus"! No one aside from my family and some really, really good friends whom I can trust (or trust me and my driving skills, that is) have ridden with me. People hardly ride with me because my house is very far, I don't always have a car, my friends live in the opposite direction or sometimes I just park somewhere and ride with other people. Last night, though, all the east people didn't have rides going home so I offered. Hah. I had to apologize first - my driving skills aren't all that hot (haller, what's a three point turn. Kidding, but it's something I can't quite master), but I somehow managed to bring Jowenn, Sly and Patrich (well he got off at Jowenn's village gate) home safely. Also had to apologize because my McDonald's drive through breakfast remains were still in the car (ooh another driving sin). Hehe.

Labels: , ,

Posted at 2:57 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.