Wednesday, August 10, 2011
On a noontime variety show, one of the hosts/correspondents was talking about the various events he was sent to cover. This prompted my brother to comment, "Does he still go to college?" I said I would think so, considering the boy goes to a good university and generally seems to have that good-boy image. "Iba na mga bata ngayon!" I said.

Which is so true! Students are not just students but students slash superstar bloggers slash celebrities slash anything with a raket! In this age of social media, it's very hard to remain anonymous, it's something to be unique. When I was in second year college, I considered working part-time by looking up want ads, but never mustered enough courage to go to the office where the interview was being held. It was so intimidating! My friends and I eventually became interns for a short-lived magazine. That was a short-lived job too.

In the end, I didn't get any other part-time jobs in college and instead concentrated on the Masters Degree and orgs. I figured, I will concentrate and enjoy being a student and will work when I graduate! Although extra funds aside from allowance would help, it was very hard to manage graduate school-level work, org commitments and commuting home (I emphasize that because the travel time was a big factor for me).

These days, I'm amazed to see how students can accommodate so many commitments and still keep up with school work. I guess there are more opportunities open and not just limited to being physically "in an office" (as what part-time jobs were open to before). More writing jobs, photography jobs, teaching jobs and so on -- all done online. So easy! I like to think that if I were a student now, I would be using writing or teaching skills to earn a little. It's so interesting how much technology creates plenty of breaks for people to connect, earn and learn, no matter how young (or old) one may be!

Labels: ,

Posted at 9:33 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.