Tuesday, August 09, 2011
My TV Guilty Pleasures

It's awful, but yes the TV is my constant source of amusement these days. The TV is also my background when I blog and surf. I used to watch a lot of series -- Glee, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, HIMYM -- but I tend to get emotionally invested and when it comes to that, I don't have the patience to wait a week for the next episode. So with the availability of whole series online and elsewhere, I don't watch series on TV anymore.

I eventually have to update the series I need to catch up on (and add new ones, like Pretty Little Liars which I chanced upon on TV) so now what I watch on TV are the reality shows. Hehe. And these are really guilty pleasures.

For example, America's Next Top Model. I can and will watch the reruns of whatever season is showing on TV! Right now it's Cycle 9 (again, for the nth time) and 16 on two different channels. The photo shoots are fun to watch and I guess it's not easy as models make it seem to look pretty and to sell the garment or image. I always wait for the "best shot" presented at panel and try to guess who gets it. :) Looking forward to the All Stars Cycle 17 to see if the favorites and the so-called villains are there! It's airing next month! I hope Star picks it up!

Another TV show I have been watching lately is MasterChef Australia 2, showing on Star World. I think it's the last week this week, as they are airing all the previous Master Classes. I missed the finale last Sunday although I did look up who won. Love this because (1) I like food and eating out (gosh watching the judges taste makes me want to be there to just try the food!). Nice to watch the cooking process and conceptualization as well and (2) I like that the contestants are nice. They are competitive, but no evil stuff that most reality shows have to be "real." Same goes for Junior MasterChef. Now that was an adorable series!

Belatedly, I checked out Hell's Kitchen 6. Wasn't initially attracted to watch with all the screaming and bleeping during the trailers, but now that it's almost ending, I started watching. Ah, so here we get to see the restaurant service. With a lot of pressure. Well, it's interesting to watch. I guess the contestants have to be an aggressive lot. I just look at the food when it gets too much. Hehe.

Other shows I have seen once or twice are Top Chef and MasterChef US, but once I figure out their skeds, I will be watching. Except for ANTM, it's all about food! Yummy!

Labels:

Posted at 11:18 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.