Thursday, August 04, 2011
The Do Project (pronounced "doe")

Do is the nickname I call one of my friends at work. CD calls him "Earthdome." Either way, Do responds to both. I can't believe I haven't blogged about this yet -- what CD and I did for his birthday two years ago! To think I took pictures to document it.

CD and I had this idea to surprise him with unexpected stuff on his birthday. She brought Jungle Juice and something else I forgot, while I volunteered to buy the Doraemon balloon (beyond me why I suggested this). Then we would set it up on his work station on his birthday.

Come the day, I went early to the town proper near the church where I knew the balloon vendors converged. I hoped that there were balloon vendors on a weekday morning! Good thing there was. I approached the first vendor I saw and was surprised that balloons like that cost P50.00! And that was two years ago. Wonder how much it costs now.

I failed to consider how to transport a helium balloon from the car in the parking, walk along busy C5 to get to the office building and bring it up to our floor and unit (which was in the far side of the floor) without getting it popped or drawing unwarranted attention! Good thing I had some paper bags big enough stored in the car and stuffed it in like this:



Don't ask about the baby Mickey and Minnie on Doraemon's tummy. I don't know, either!

Good thing I was able to get to the office unscathed! Haha!

We set it up -- the juice, gift and balloon -- in Do's workstation so that he could see it once he came in (Doraemon bobbing amidst the cubicles and the stuff on beside his phone). Haha I like to think he appreciated our efforts! :) Funny things we did come up with! (Nothing as grand the next year, though.) :)

Final product!

Labels: ,

Posted at 8:09 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.