Thursday, March 25, 2010
Earthquake today. We could really feel it, being at the 15th floor. I thought I was just dizzy because at 130p, Crissy and I had yet to have lunch (long story, cranky us). Standing by the photocopier, I held on thinking I was going to crash to the floor (and the photocopier would support me? Meh), then I saw Crissy all of a sudden holding onto her desk. Then I saw the other people on our floor stand up and look at the rolling shelves in front of us. Scary! It was longer than usual too. Good thing no major destruction!

Crissy and I had also planned to go to the nearby National since she wanted to buy a puzzle book for her weekend getaway. When we went downstairs after our (very late) lunch, we had to detour across the parking lot because there was a fire drill in the building next to ours! As in, complete with the fire truck, ambulance, "victims" and firefighters in full gear. It was fun to watch the firefighters/rescue rappel down the side of the building, among other styles of rescuing people. Hehe our little trip to Natio took a bit longer because of the detour and of the fire drill. We hoped for a pseudo SWAT team and K9 unit (only the dogs would be Golden Retrievers, Labs - all cheery dogs)...

Stopped by Natio - ooh, they have Hunger Games and Catching Fire already, but in hardbound. Why oh why don't they ever have paperback of those books? Crissy got her books and we skipped over to Krispy Kreme for coffee. Jam packed wth people! But new discovery would be the Kaffee Kreme (sp?), it's good (I got my usual Mocha, but Crissy swears by the hot coffee). Will try that next time!

We got back to work - yes the 30 minute stroll outside perked us up. It was quite the woozy kind of day, what with the earthquake and work. Nice how small things make the day a bit better.

Labels:

Posted at 10:58 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.