Thursday, August 07, 2008
I finally gave in - thanks to my officemates and National Bookstore - and bought the Twilight Saga. All four books at once! Hehe I am OC like that.

I used to see the first three books regularly in National, with its own display. The black covers were always intriguing, but since they were sealed in plastic, I never got to flip through them (the back of the book doesn't say much). I always saw people buying and reading them and yes, it was a curiosity, but I had never met anyone who had read them, so I let the curiosity pass.

Enter my friends at work who had read the books and were waiting for the fourth book, Breaking Dawn, which was released only last Monday. Their excitement was (and still is) catching, so we reserved with National for a copy of Twilight. They said two weeks to wait, which was an exercise in patience, but then Natio texted last night to say our copies were available! Yay!

So now I have the four books and I'm excited to start reading. Everyone, even our super, has been raving about it so I'm very curious. It's about vampires - I never was into the vampire thing (never got into Anne Rice's Interview the Vampire and the like, and got scared with The Historian - I did like it though some parts were long winding) although I think I will enjoy this saga. :)

photo from twilight saga

Labels:

Posted at 11:19 PM |

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mone! Siyempre I was intrigued by the books...bumili rin ako lol Meron lang Twilight, New Moon and Breaking Dawn dito...ano yung missing ko? New Eclipse ba? Mukhang interesting series!

12:25 PM, August 11, 2008  
Blogger monch said...

Hi Tessa! My goodness Edward's lines are... well, let's just say we've been quoting them a lot. Eclipse is the third book. The Twilight movie will be released in December (January here)...

10:46 PM, August 11, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mone!!! I'm 100% addicted to the Twilight series na!!!! I'm reading Eclipse....grabe I forgot work, the internet, tv etc...because I wanted to get lost in this series' world!! Ahahaha! I usually don't like vampire love stories...but this series changed my mind ahahaha! Grabe!! I heart Edward Cullen!!!!! "Im tired of staying away from you." WAAAH what is kilig!!!

11:01 AM, August 18, 2008  
Blogger monch said...

Ahahaha OMG that's my favorite line too!!! As in I was stuck on that line for the longest time!!! Grabe I didn't think I would like vampire stories too, but I'm so involved with the series too! :)

10:22 PM, August 19, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahahaha we're friends talaga! Same favorite line! Grabe I keep thinking of that line now!! As in...super kilig when I was reading it...because I'm tired of staying away from you. Super simple pero KILIG!!! ahahaha!

"Cedric Diggory" is playing Edward Cullen?? Haaay can't wait for the movie!!! I just finished Eclipse..skipped work just to read ahahaha what is addicted.

1:38 PM, August 20, 2008  
Blogger monch said...

Grabe we are nga, same wavelength talaga! :) As in super galing na effective yung line! The first time I read it, I was shrieking *runs to find Twilight* Ahahaha kilig talaga, not to mention addicting :) I haven't seen the trailer just yet because I don't want to see in my mind how they look like while I'm reading :) hee! Arrrghhh talaga addiction :)

10:43 PM, August 20, 2008  
Blogger Jo said...

omg we're friends talaga. Twilight is all I ever wrote in my blog din coz it's all I think about!!!! xx

12:52 PM, August 21, 2008  
Blogger monch said...

Jo! How are you? But truly!!! We're all I *heart* EC here! Sigh, that's all we talk about in the office too :)

10:41 PM, August 21, 2008  
Blogger Jo said...

I'm ok, Monchu! Twilight-saga is basically my social life now. LOL.

"If I could dream at all, it would be about you. And I'm not ashamed of it." -- Edward

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

11:14 AM, August 22, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want my Edward!! Ahahahaha! OMG I'm so addicted! I haven't slept in 2 days juggling reading and working! LOL I was so lightheaded yesterday that I kept saying Yes at work lol.

1:02 AM, August 24, 2008  
Blogger monch said...

Waaaah Jo! One of the many squeee worthy lines of Edward! Why why why can he do that?! Haha yes, Twilight is pretty much my life right now - spent two days with Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - my eyes hurt, but here I am, online looking up Bella and Edward!

Ahaha Tessa - can relate! Doing the same thing, being sleepless and addicted to the series! :)

7:57 PM, August 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.