Sunday, July 01, 2007
kopi
kopi,
originally uploaded by monchers.
I am so addicted to the kopi at Kopi Roti! Patty and I can spend a couple of hours there, just chatting... with two rounds of kopi and kopi bun. Yummy. :) I have to agree with my brother, it's a very steady place to hang out and it's a good alternative to the usual Starbucks, Seattle's Best, Coffee Bean, Bo's and Gloria Jean's.

Is it obvious I am a coffee addict? I love coffee! I only began drinking coffee during my third year in college when Starbucks opened across school and that was only the occasional Frapuccinos (pricey for a college student!). The hard core coffee drinking began after a retreat which Anch and I attended and we were both so sleepy, so we began to take coffee (as in the timpla kind na talaga. Before the retreat, I had no idea how to make coffee! Good thing I watch my dad make his coffee everyday). So coffee kept me up and about from then on and while I plowed through fifth year.

Working, I got used to taking coffee everyday, sometimes twice or thrice a day. I discovered the joys of a Php15 cup of "normal coffee" (as opposed to "strong coffee" - to this day, I'm still afraid to try that) from the cafeteria and the pwede na taste of the vending machine coffee. I discovered 3-in-1 mixes, which are surprisingly good! Gonuts has pretty good coffee too, with a donut to boot, I have yet to try coffee at Krispy Kreme. I need at least three packs of sugar and cream for McDonald's coffee! I can tell you that coffee with a major kick, that caused me to be super hyper for the whole day is from Country Style Donuts and that White Chocolate Mocha at SBC is better than Starbucks' - but then again, it depends which branch you go to.

I'm no coffee connoisseur though. I mean, when my dad asks me to pick up a bag of beans from Starbucks, I usually choose Verona (?), as recommended by a barista, saying it's a medium blend, not too intense so that should work. I have no other knowledge of coffee except the way I like it or whatever catches my fancy. And I don't drink coffee at home either and hardly in front of my parents (oo nga no?). I guess it's some psychological thing for me to have it with my friends or when I need a pick-me-up to get through the day.

Labels:

Posted at 10:28 PM |

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monch!! =) Where's Kopi Roti?

7:38 AM, July 05, 2007  
Blogger monch said...

Hi Tessa! The Kopi Roti branch I go to is in Blue Ridge, but there are branches in MOA, Tomas Morato and in NAIA. :) They have a guest book in Blue Ridge, check out the last page! :D

10:58 PM, July 05, 2007  
Blogger Jo said...

Gosh, I remember when Starbucks opened on Pearl Dr., and we were there for the Mocha Fraps! The first time I ventured out to "real" (brewed) coffee was when we had a huge Accounting exam one night. (6pm exams, remember that? Haha!) I hung out and studied in Starbucks that when exam time came around, my eye was twitching! Hahaha. And was that Cinnabon that opened right around that corner of Pearl? Awww, I remember us hanging out there for "coffee" and talk about random things.

11:57 PM, July 05, 2007  
Blogger monch said...

Oh my those Accounting exams! Stress: cramming the whole day for that argh! Yes that was Cinnabon, but now it's closed and a Mini Stop (24/7 convenience store) is there now. :( I think Coffee Cal's still there though.

I owe you an e-mail about the PhD and I sent you a showbiz chismis related e-mail earlier this week, but wasn't sure of the e-mail add I used, so I'll resend. :)

12:42 AM, July 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.