Monday, June 11, 2007
I may have found a new form of exercise: running with our dog, Dogdog! Yeah!

Yesterday, my dad and I took Dog out for a walk. For once, my dad let me handle the leash and I swear, walking a 20-plus kg (and growing because he's only a five-month old puppy!) dog is no easy feat. Dog is almost half my weight and walking him requires a lot of effort since he likes to sniff stuff and wander around, lunge at people (such a friendly dog! Too friendly) and give this affronted look at other dogs barking at him (it's actually really cute and he doesn't bark back). I have to use both hands on the leash when I'm walking with him.

Running with Dog is another story, though. When I began running with him down the street, he ran alongside, kept pace with me and was not distracted by the surroundings. Our first run was all good until we came across this really little, shaggy-haired, black poodle. The poodle ran up to Dog and started growling and Dog started panicking (but not barking). I think Dog got scared (my dad described the poodle as "naglalakad na putik" - trust me, it's not that bad, but since it was evening already, I guess Dog got alarmed) so I had to stop and use all my energy in keeping Dog away from the poodle; I have friction burns on my fingers to prove it.

When we calmed Dog down and the poodle's human got the poodle (and berated the poodle for wanting to pick a fight with a dog twice it's size!), I started running again. It's a good exercise talaga, I just hate all the stray dogs in our subdivision! They make going out with Dog a bit stressful. No wonder we always have to bring a walking stick (my brother brings a phone just in case he needs us to fetch him). It's a thought to bring the dog to another place more dog-walking/running friendly, but our dog has no car etiquette! So village walking will do for now.

Labels:

Posted at 10:49 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.