Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Check out my over ink stained finger. Apparently, when you tell the person in charge of inking people in the precinct, "Manong, wag masyadong marami (and in my mind, Hindi po ako mukhang flying voter)", the opposite actually happens. My finger looks terrible up to today! Waah I can't seem to get the ink out no matter how many times I wash and scrub it. Unlike in 2004, I was able to clean my finger easily, this year it's bad. And is it supposed to be on the left or right hand? At least it's proof that I voted. But I still look like a slob, especially when I hear people saying the ink got off easily. Obviously, I was slightly fretting and distracted while voting.

You would've thought, being bombarded with so many political ads and politicians in your face every single day of the campaign period, there are so many candidates running. But getting to sit down in the precinct and ready to vote? Parang slim pickings. Completely clueless about who to vote for. I mean, I know who I'm not voting for (especially for the senators, considering I've had encounters with some candidates), but to vote for? Ugh. I could barely complete my 12 senators, didn't know who the people running for local office (which, as I mentioned in 2004, should be important because they make the laws the directly affect me). I hate always, always having to settle for the lesser evil when voting, but knowing the politics in this country, that's always the better choice. Sad and pathetic.

Oh, I don't think you can see the pens I brought to vote: glittery red and blue pens. Hehe. That's the mess of my table in the precinct, my vein-y hands with the over ink stained finger straightening out my ballot in the picture.

Labels:

Posted at 9:52 PM |

3 Comments:

Blogger jassy said...

ay inggit ako sa kuko mo...di kase ako nagkaganyan nung 14. next time...

6:56 PM, May 16, 2007  
Blogger Jo said...

Before I read your entry, I thought you were trying out a purple nail polish! HAHAHA.

I say, just paint all of them purple then!

Btw, Joy is preggy again. She and Gian are going to have 2 kids by December. Eeee. Don't you feel so left out? I don't want kids or to settle down yet, but mygod, these people make me feel like I'm just wasting my time or something. Harumph.

3:51 PM, May 20, 2007  
Blogger monch said...

Aw Jassy, next elections na lang. :)

Hehe Jo, purple nail polish?! Oh my. :) As for Joy & Gian, I came across a wedding feature of theirs in Yes Mag just recently! I'm waiting for it to be uploaded in Pep, the online version of Yes. I know how you feel! Like everyone's doing these grown up stuff already while I'm moseying along life... eep.

10:03 PM, May 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.