Friday, April 27, 2007
I miss having short hair! In my school years, I always kept my hair short, to keep up with my "low maintenance" image. I realized, though, that short hair needs constant trimming to keep the shape. Not very low maintenance. Haha! Now I keep my hair at skimming-the-shoulder length, which I realize is not okay because it's prone to flyaways and if I don't have my hair straightened (which I haven't done), my head's silhouette is an upside down mushroom. Sigh.

Caught the video of Natalie Imbruglia's Torn a while ago and I realized how much I missed short hair! That's the shortest my hair got (first year college) and I remember how fun it was to tuck short strands behind my ears and let it fall oh-so-stylishly. In retrospect, I do look a bit mannish if the cut isn't done like Natalie's, but I still like it. Now I want to have short hair again, but people have been dissuading me from doing so. Plus, I have some formal events to attend this year and somehow, longish hair leaves a lot of ground to work around with. Of course, it's another story for thin fine hair, but whatever.

Anyway... I had a haircut today (you know what they say about not having a haircut before a big event? So true - hair needs a few days to grown into the style and cut. I am sooo learning this lesson the hard way since I'm attending a wedding tomorrow!) and I was explaining to the stylist how I wanted short hair, but I was putting it off. He cut off more than the usual since my hair's in a pretty sad state... and so now, my hair's short(er than usual)! It's in a style that's supposed to give body to my hair.

It should still look okay tomorrow, since I had it treated - I love the minty scent of the treatment - as well. Not the look I was expecting for tomorrow, but it should still be fine. :)

Labels:

Posted at 11:40 PM |

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss having short hair too. but having long hair is more practical for me.

>>jassy<<

7:26 PM, April 30, 2007  
Blogger monch said...

Hey Jassy! It's just so warm these days, that's why short hair is really tempting. :)

9:51 PM, May 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.