Friday, March 16, 2007


Well, thanks to Amity (she invited me to go), I was able to drop by school today for a talk on graduate studies. Talk about how much I missed school - if you can believe it - and how so much has changed! It felt so weird walking along the ledge (something I dreaded as a freshman), knowing I didn't really belong there anymore - unlike before, my friends and I would dominate the ledge. Okay, so we were eight and we pretty much took up space. Grabe, parang it didn't really feel like the place I spent so much time in a few years ago.

Our meeting place was at the chapel and I was super overwhelmed to be back there. As in, I sat in a pew, smiled and was like, "God, it feels so good to be here." I swear it did. When I was still in school, I used to read for the Mass in the morning, complete with the skirt and all. :) I also visited the chapel frequently, with my fervent prayers about school work and life. School was a happy daze kind of time for me, and yet I remember, I still had a lot of problems. I'm amazed I got out somewhat unscathed (I sincerely like to think so, anyway). Today, it felt so nice being there. I missed the stillness there that often quieted my restless self way back then.

The talk was held in the sosy building, at the fifth floor, which we all considered had the best classrooms. I really felt like a grad student there, in my business attire, attending classes at night with classrooms that looked more like boardrooms. The hall where the talk was held brought back memories of taking (ugh) departmental exams, complete with those uncomfortable green armchairs with an unstable desk - never changed. I think I got a painful back with the hours spent hunched over exams and notes. I told Amity, "I feel like we need our pencils and yellow pad for Accounting." Truly, some emotions stay the same. Hehe. Still cold air conditioning as ever!

And the speaker was, well, our sophomore Economics common lec speaker. Brought back memories of common lec (these were usually memories of shrinking down in my seat once the speaker did a roll call of those who were "lucky" enough to answer his questions, which were not easy. I never liked Eco). It was a very informative talk - I actually missed the dynamic environment of a school. Hmm. Made me think and think again what I really want to do. Go for the academic life?

Good to see some of our teachers and staff. I was happy that our Intro Man teacher still remembered us and she chatted us up about school, our exchange student who lived in her unit (I had forgotten our group worked there before!) and she invited us to pop over to chat longer if we had the time before she left again. Saw also our former HR teacher and other alum from the school who now work there. Strange how everything went full circle for some.

Other random (and really shallow) stuff while visiting school:

1. I drove to school and saw that there were cars lined up along the entrance to the parking lot. Odd, I thought, but they're not going in? There's so much parking. Silly me, I had to ask the guard if I could go in. He gave me a strange look and waved me in. Apparently, they were drivers just waiting for their passengers. Ngek.
2. The car I was using still has school year 2003-2004 sticker which says, "student". Parking attendant asked me, "Ma'am, staff ba kayo?" while gesturing to the sticker. "Ay hindi po, alumni po." Then he issued me a ticket. What if I said staff ako? Paano kaya yun?
3. I forgot how unpaved the parking lot in school is. Bad idea to wear kitty heels and park a tad far from the entrance. Uccch. No wonder I wore flats a lot in college.
4. Love the washrooms pa rin. It's still really, really nice.
5. So many boards all over school already! Each school/institute has one.
6. Ooh the ledge, still the same. :) Darn, wasn't able to take a picture. I got shy all of a sudden and ended up taking stolen shots. Hee.
7. I can't comment on the old building because I didn't have any business going there, but it would've been interesting to see the changes there.
8. Or the Caf! I wanted to see what's there and the food!
9. I can't believe I forgot what floor our Graduate Management Staff Office (naks) was on! Too bad I didn't have time to visit it. Neither were we able to visit the faculty.

Labels: , ,

Posted at 12:26 AM |

4 Comments:

Blogger Tessa said...

Mone!
Gosh I miss school!! Ganda pa rin ng Stella O! =) That classroom shot that you took...was that Telengtan (tama ba spelling?lol). Miss it na rin!! I still remember our physics departmentals ahahaha! How I hated that! =p

3:18 AM, March 17, 2007  
Blogger monch said...

Tessa! Nice pa rin ang Stella O and yup, that's Telengtan alright. Iba na ang aura ng 5F! I even visited 503, where I can usually find you guys super serious with Dr T. As for Physics departmentals, well, at least Sir gave us Kopiko... ;P

9:46 PM, March 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeeeeee. Reading this entry gave me a headache coz I'm trying to remember who our sophomer Econ teacher was, Intro to Man teacher,etc... and I CAN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING!! NOT EVEN A FACE. :(( My UA&P years wasn't THAT horrible that I've completely erased all traces of memory from those years, but I can't remember a damn thing. :( What I remember though were all the times we spent together! Yihee! Most important thing.

Wait... didn't we have this cutie teacher (I think he was the Econ teacher) that seemed to have a crush on that tall, skinny girl in class.. BFF of Carlo Z's then-gf. Lori?? Who was that teacher? Kind of short, fair and with glasses. I think Nats gave him a ride home once. HAHAHA.

As for the 4th pic.. I can't remember where that is at all. But as for the sosy building, you were referring to ACB right? Hahaha. Awww 5th floor of ACB.. Coming from CAS after our 2nd year, I remember being excited for 3rd year coz we had classes at ACB by then. :))

12:06 PM, March 20, 2007  
Blogger monch said...

Haha tell me about it, Jo! When Ami would say, "there's so and so...", I'm like, "where?" I had a hard time remembering people also! Sobrang tagal na, but I can remember all our kooky adventures, down to the Honeybunch taxi! Hahaha! Kase yun yung important nga! :) Selective memory much.

I think you were in SA2 for the Eco teacher? I don't think we had Mgmt Eco together kase our Econ teacher was... this guy so I don't think I
know who you were referring to. Villegas was the one who gave the talk.

Last pic was at Stella O, sosy building is ACB :) Still sosy as ever.

9:22 PM, March 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.