Tuesday, January 09, 2007
I've been staring about my room day in and day out, trying to figure out how to clean out and organize my room. I just feel like it's no longer the "organized chaos" I used to think it was. I'm so tempted to actually hire a professional organizer to help me declutter my room and hopefully, my life.

I initially thought of embarking in the overhaul of my room by starting out with my closet and then later on, the desk and dresser. The clothes closet? Not working out well, although I was able to donate some for my mom's Christmas drive. The desk? Not working out well either. Found lots of letters from my grade school and high school friends (I digress: I receive a lot of letters, but I don't think I'm very diligent in answering them. That's sad). Some I could read and gush over, others, especially from one particular friend, I still can't bring to re-read. Too painful, I think. But that shouldn't be the case, right? It's a new year and I've decided to really move on and up. So there. I thought it would be easy to just throw and throw away, but it's not that simple.

I really am a sentimental packrat. Sigh. Not good. Although I had fun (somewhat) looking through my stuff. As with the interesting stuff I found:

Palancas from my high school retreats - I will never forget making out palancas to everyone in class the night before the retreat. One classmate actually printed out a generic albeit funny one and pencilled our names in. I received a lot as well, especially from my kids from my org before.

My organizer from college - hahaha! With my teeny tiny writing that could fit into a one inch by two inch rectangle detailing my day! Hahaha! That includes the "Honeybunch" taxi and the Ledge days.

Various Post-It notes from my friends - My friend Ina and I carried on a conversation about conjugal communion on a small Post-It. Actually, it doesn't have to be Post-It, but it's the medium of choice since I could stick it in my planner. Scratch paper does the job, like when Anch and I would do in some boring class or meeting we had.

Tickles stationery - I looooved Tickles' stationery, the pretty ones with the bears? I used to collect that. I was pretty much a suki of Tickles in Glorietta and Shangrila for the binders, fillers, organizers, but super the stationery talaga was my favorite. Kind of bummed they don't have it anymore, but I still have a lot of those. Ideal for palancas!

More high school stuff - my CAT tickler and nameplate, my class ring, class pictures (I look so... eep), fair and Family Day pictures (wah), some papers (I don't know why I didn't throw those away because the others, I did), programmes where I wrote, school paper (but of course!), etc.

Argh so much stuff! Especially when I see my high school stuff, I stop and remember who I was (and how I came to be! Hehe). And it's interesting! No wonder it's taking forever! Wah.

Labels: , ,

Posted at 11:32 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.