Saturday, January 27, 2007
I have never been a manicure-pedicure addict (thanks to my mom who, early on, dissuaded me from using nail polish and the like), but you know me. With the emergence of nail places, I go every now and then - usually when finances allow or when badly needed. My latest pedicure was badly needed as my nails suffered from my adventure going to the pier with Amity - to which I will write about one day.

My usual nail place is Nail Spa in Shangrila because it's accessible and I love the place and the treatments. But when I received some gift certificates last year for Nail Tropics in Libis, I might shift loyalties there. I've also received rave reviews from my friends who swear by their treatments and facilities.

I usually go for the Nail Tropics Organic Mani or Pedi spa, which is a bit cheaper than the same treatment I have at Nail Spa. The package has a choice of treatment (when I got the manispa, it was cucumber something that had my hands feeling like a sandwich), scrub, massage and polish. As opposed to Nail Spa, though, I have to pay additional for certain polishes, but I prefer my polish nude, so it didn't really bother me the least.

Nail Tropics is fairly small, but cozy enough. I love their cushy chairs wherein one can fall asleep - and my friends do. I don't particularly like the choice of reading materials, more so targeted to older women, but that's okay. I read what I can. The technicians know their regular clients, adding to the comfy atmosphere. I don't know if it was a coincidence or what, but the technician assigned to me was the one I had more than half a year ago.

My nails came out pretty and my legs and feet relaxed after the massage and scrub. I wish I could do this regularly! But definitely a good place to go to relax and treat myself. Another place I'd love to try is Dashing Diva, thanks to a heads up from Jo. Imagine that, I didn't know about Dashing Diva until Jo mentioned it - and she's in the US. Warrants a trip to Rockwell for that. :)

Labels: ,

Posted at 12:03 AM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.