Wednesday, November 02, 2005
Upon the enthusiastic suggestion of my brother, I spent my Halloween holidays watching two horror movies. Now I don't particularly like horror movies--I hate the idea of something lurking around, but my brother was insistent on having me watch Shutter and Feng Shui (as in Kris Aquino) on Cinema One.

I have to admit, Shutter was good, even if it was Tagalized and I laughed right out when the editor/publisher (?) guy said something about "Balete Drive" when the movie was made in Thailand. I liked how the little details throughout the movie all add up and make you think, "oo nga ano!" It's not scary in the gulat way, which is a good thing. Plus, a lot of people have said that there aren't any loose ends to the story or are there any subplots that keep one wondering afterwards.

On the other hand, Feng Shui was... amusing. Maybe because my brother was also narrating the funny parts. I mean, with the blatant product placement of the corned beef and the appliances as well as the special effects, the movie really came off as semi-comedy, semi-horror (only because I got surprised with the ending. Well, just a bit). I kept on laughing over the horse-kabayo thing which I kept on demonstrating to my brother (writing about it gets me snickering again). I got a good laugh talaga out of this movie.

Posted at 9:49 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.