Sunday, September 25, 2005
Nothing perks me up more after a toxic (too toxic to the point of distraction over the weekend, but obviously I can't do anything about it) week than meeting up with an old friend. Met up with Tessa yesterday just to hang out and plan the week ahead *whee*. We just hung around, talked about our respective careers (wah), future plans (travel, travel, travel when we can afford it, marriage and relationships - no, not immediately), old friends (miss everyone!) and so on and so forth. I miss my college friends!

Last Thursday, I got into a loooong text conversation with one of my long lost high school friends. I digress: I realized I do have a lot of long lost friends. But that's okay. I mean, my friends coming back into my life is great! Old friendships resurfacing are pleasant surprises that remind me of who I was and who I am. J knew about my peanut butter addiction and supplied me with recipes of peanut butter pastries, we wrote long letters to each other (high school days!), gave me lyrics to songs and tolerated my silly jokes. She updated me on her life--something not very easy via SMS, but I couldn't call her since I was at work--and sigh, I am such a delinquent friend for not being with her and all that. I just feel bad that her life seems super hard lately, but she's coping well and I told her I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

J asked me also about our other kabarkadas. Strange how we've lost touch with each other. Me, especially, I lost everyone's numbers when my phone and sim card of six years got stolen (no, I haven't moved on yet and yes, it's my fault I never really took the time out to update my paper phone book). Anyway, I told her this guy friend of ours got married already, so did G and so on. It's always marriage! Marriage is the big thing to report. Gah, we're at that age already. Marriage, kids, settling down. I still marvel at how people my age think of what I consider "big things"... but then I realize my biggest problem is usually my career and my life's direction and that's a pretty big thing in itself.

Oh. I had another haircut last week. I really hated how my hair was growing out from my August haircut and so I went to my brother's stylist to repair my hair. I was apprehensive about being made okray my hair though. Haha, I hate my hair's texture, especially after all the treated part was cut off. My hair's shorter than usual, but I just want it to grow out nicely again. I was looking through my old pictures from last Christmas, last May and the like and I realized I miss my long hair! I miss flipping it over my shoulder (arte!). It was the longest in my life. Boo hoo.

Strange thing pala happened yesterday, while I was in Penshoppe with Tessa. While she was in the fitting room and I was standing outside, waiting for my turn, there was a woman and her teenage daughter waiting for their turn on other stall with jeans. I thought nothing about them and was asking Tessa if the clothes fit, etc. Oddly, the woman started a conversation with me.

Woman: Miss, alam mo ba kung saan pwede bumili ng Birkenstocks?
Me: (she's talking to me? Obviously, she's looking at me) Umm, I think you can buy that at Francesco. They usually carry Birks.
Woman: Saan yun? Anak, sa Francesco daw!
Daughter looks curiously at me and seemed like she wanted to say something.
Me: It's in the other building. (I almost said, the "funner building". And why Birks? So specific. I also realized Tessa kept quiet. She told me later on she getting amused already.)
Woman: Eh saan pwedeng bumili ng Lacoste?
Me: The other building too. It's in the same building as Francesco. Second floor, I think. They're facing each other, the store selling shirts and accessories. I'm not sure lang if they carry Birks in the department store. (I have no idea)

At that point, Tessa came out and I went in to try on the clothes I got. When I got out, Tessa asked me how the clothes fit and I was like, so-so, will think about it--and the woman was still looking at us (she wanted to ask something more maybe?). I found that completely strange, I mean, I do not look like a rabid shopper, do I? I haven't been to Mega in ages so I'm not that sure if Francesco's still open (is it? I didn't notice), but I'm sure of Lacoste since Tessa and I passed by it earlier. We found it odd, but oh well. No harm done. I'm just not accustomed to strangers chatting me up like that.

Posted at 7:46 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.