Wednesday, August 31, 2005
I am probably one of the most unromantic people on earth! Today, my officemate Ais held up her left hand and said excitedly, "Look o!"

And I was all, "What am I looking at?"

She had to point out her ring and I completely freaked out! Goodness. Gaah, can I just say I almost ruined her day? Talk about clueless and unromantic me! She just got engaged the night before and she was showing me her engagement ring! It took me a few moments to realize she was engaged already!

It was a very happy day at work because of that. All the girls (I didn't notice the guys, but I doubt if guys gush) were gushing. Even if I am a cynic, I was completely overwhelmed by the engagement. There's something so romantic and touching about two people realizing they're meant to be and want to be together forever. :)

* * *
A passage from The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (I digress: my dad lent this to me because he thinks I need a break from all the fluff [he says] I'm reading. So far, so good) which I really liked:

As I released her, turning swiftly back to my briefcase and to Helen, I saw on the older woman's face the gleam of a single tear. I've read that there is no such thing as a single tear, that old poetic trope. And perhaps there isn't, since hers was simply companion to my own.


Something so lonely about it that made me cry.

Posted at 10:10 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.