Saturday, August 20, 2005
I am completely clueless when buying gifts for kids, especially when it comes to infants and little boys. Goodness. So when Watty invited me to her nephew's first birthday party, I said okay but completely put off buying a gift, assuming that it would be easy to get (on the day itself at that).

Oh wow, I forgot how hard it is to buy a gift. Buying my godson a birthday gift last year was a bit tough as well. I didn't want to get clothes because I was not sure of the fit nor did I want to get a toy because I wasn't quite sure what he already had (but with all the toys in the toy department now, wow I don't think any kid could get a double). Last time, I got a toy, but in retrospect, I wanted to get something else that was more (coming from) me. For today, I was half decided on a teddy bear or this plush hippo, when I realized it wasn't exactly age-appropriate. Anyway, I settled on what to get (something educational!) after I remembered reading all about it on an online journal and that's what I'll get my godson for his birthday this year as well. I actually didn't think it was available locally. Coincidentally, it was also the theme of the party--no wonder the stuff I got was vaguely familiar.

Well. I haven't been to children's party in a long time and I quite enjoyed myself today, hanging out with Watty and Crissy. It was an interesting thing, watching (and trying to catch the magic tricks, but only Crissy could do so) the magician and eating and just being there. Goodness, I didn't really do so much there but eat and chat, but I really am zonked out after today. Must be all the laughing and trips to the food stations.

* * *
Monday night's lesson learned: never never wear my Mang Boy pants or any of my new pants when I know I'll be eating out and a lot at that! Yes, it's a pride thing.

To celebrate my dad's birthday, we went out to a buffet dinner and oh my gosh, I ate a lot. The food was very good and it didn't really help that we were seated near all the food stations--our table was in the center of everything so we could see all the food coming from the kitchen, food being prepared at the food station, people going from their tables and back and so on. We were closest, though, to the dessert station with the chocolate fountain right behind me. And no, I wasn't even able to try it because I was too full and just settled for a tiramisu-esque thing in a shot glass (but it was sinfully chocolate) and a scoop of ice cream. I don't know how my bro did it, making so many trips to the buffet tables, but seriously, if I wasn't actually concerned about my pants or my thighs or overeating (not a pleasant sensation, really, even with all the good food), I'd love to eat some more. :)

Posted at 11:09 PM |

3 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

haha! :) i'm glad you had fun sa birthday party ni enzo kahit medyo jampacked siya. hehe. i really wanted to invite you & crissy kasi it would be like a diffrent gimik for the three of us. oh! about my last blog, don't worry i'll let you know who that person is in time. nc rocks! mett-choo! :)

4:37 PM, August 22, 2005  
Blogger monch said...

Yeah it was so fun! :) Bashing and all. ;) No, seriously. It was completely new and interesting. Oh that's okay, not pressuring you to tell or anything, just got curious. NC still rocks! met-choo! pecha! :D

11:09 PM, August 22, 2005  
Blogger jk said...

oi.. sarap naman yang choco fountain na yan! :)

8:36 AM, August 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.