Friday, July 08, 2005
The other day, I had a strange exchange with the barista after ordering coffee and breakfast. He was about to take down my name for the coffee.

Barista: Your name?
Me: Monch.
Barista: (completely serious) Is that short for Ramoncito?
Me: (momentarily stunned. Thoughts running through my head: I hope you are kidding. Do I look like a man? I have long hair naman ah. Thanks a lot. Yes, I have issues about looking mannish *lol*) Oh no, I hope not!

Eep. Am not quick enough to give a biting witty reply (must be the early morning?). Must work on that.

* * *
I will keep this blog shallow and not begin on the political situation in the country right now. It's a bad, sad thing, not to be caring right now, but there's no point in bothering anymore. I feel terrible because I used to believe so much. It was okay before (2001) because there was hope, a chance to get better, but nothing happened. I don't trust or expect anything from politicians anyway. What difference would it make if we get a new president or whatever. Hah, I said I wouldn't get started. So I'll quit while I'm ahead.

Posted at 11:13 PM |

2 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

Hey monch! cute talaga your blog=) ramoncito?! that's kinda funny na irritating. I think that happened to me before when I had short hair as in boy's cut. The sales lady called me "sir". Gusto ko siya suntukin=) Dude, you don't look mannish at all. NC rocks!!!

7:24 PM, July 11, 2005  
Blogger jk said...

sang starbucks yan? hehe... susugurin ko. =)

8:20 AM, July 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.