Sunday, June 12, 2005
Random Stuff
  • I mean, seriously. Why does Powerbooks or any bookstore in the Metro lump Meg Cabot's contemporary adult fiction with her contemporary teen fiction? I'm so OC about it. I mean, I cannot stand the idea of twelve year olds reading Boy Meets Girl. Nothing skanky about it, but it is classified as "adult fiction"... *groan* Then I remember the Gossip Girl series. I imagine it's hard being a kid/tween/teen today.
  • I want to be published. I want to write a book but I don't know exactly about what... yet. :)
  • I'm on Ken Follett (re)reading spree. It began with Hammer of Eden, A Dangerous Fortune and The Third Twin. I then moved on to Whiteout (the newest) and Code to Zero. I like Code to Zero. I like the curious numbers even if I am very anti-math. My dad doesn't like the story though.
  • Oh wow, it's so quiet here at home. My brother is out to dinner plus he'll be away for one week later on this week and my parents are in Boracay. They invited us to come along too but I was just too lazy to go, plus the idea of filing a leave and leaving stuff... my head begins to ache. My dad's texting me now what I combination of beads I'd like for "strands" or if I want a beach bag! A beach bag! When will I get to go to the beach again?! Summer's over already--not that I miss the heat, but I miss the lazy, hazy days of summer.
  • Happy Independence Day! My friend Tessa and I were exchanging SMS last night and she was saying how much she likes the "Filipino and Proud" (as with "Young, Talented, Pinay") line of shirts of Bayo and how much we need the boost in our country's flagging morale. Tessa and I are two believers in this country (we gave Ina a lot of grief for leaving) and every little thing counts. I just wish our leaders would give us something to believe in--if we believed in them enough to vote for them, then why shouldn't they do their part in living up to our ideals expectations?

Posted at 8:15 PM |

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Oh goodness. I could just imagine you and Tessa having a very patriotic convo. I'm curious about Bayo now. I read somewhere too about how the ripped off some of their designs/prints from some graphic designers' artwork. Did you hear about that?

On Gossip Girl, I only read the 1st book. I just can't stand the brattiness! No tween/teen should ever read that, I think. Haha! It gives them this nutty idea it must be cool to be that annoying and shallow. Although I must say, I'm curious how the Serena and her boys' plotlines evolve. Hehe.

I'm gonna read that Meg Cabot series na nga! I've always liked the way she writes. :)

8:40 PM, June 17, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ay naiintriga na ako sa bayo. i have to dig up some news about the issue.

2:02 PM, June 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.