Friday, June 10, 2005
I had my worst anxiety attack today. :(

My anxiety attacks happen occasionally--although it's been resurfacing more often lately. It begins with my heart beating very fast, unable to breathe and trying to throw up (but nothing coming out). I hate that. The attacks usually last for fifteen minutes upon starting work then I'm okay already. As long as I stay quiet and am near the washroom, I'm okay. I usually look really sick, complete with a glassy-eyed look about me that makes people offer me candy or medicines.

Today though, I couldn't work at all. I actually had to advise the super that I could not work "for a bit" and had to breathe easy. Sigh. I just stayed still for more than an hour because I really really could not work. I just sat there, bugging my seatmates who admitted I did not look well. As long as I was not doing anything, I was okay.

My friends agree it's an anxiety attack or because of stress. Strange why I was stressed: it's Friday, the last day of the weekand everything is pretty relaxed. I know it's not something psychological--I'm learning to let go and take things as they come. Friday started out normal with me coming in early and bugging Patty for DH updates. I was able to go to McDonald's to satisfy a hot chocolate craving. So strange why my anxiety attack occurred. I guess it's been building up for the past week. Gaah.

So it's a turning point, a sign, according to my seatmates. The attacks are recurring (?) more frequently now and it scares me. I think, even if my mind tells me such that I can take it, my body already is reacting. Hmm, it seems my heart is working with my body while my mind is rebelling. Hay.

Even though I was able to work for the rest of the day, I'm still feeling sensitive and plain awful! I don't like this feeling talaga, I'm not quite sure how to address it, though.

Posted at 11:08 PM |

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

take care of yourself, monch. stop working so hard. maybe you can also try some meditational exercises to help you relax?

3:19 PM, June 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.