Sunday, March 13, 2005
Help.

I am on a book buying spree.

Well not really. Considering I hardly buy books, especially when I was studying. It would only be if my dad would graciously offer to buy me a book I was seriously drooling for with my eyes. He still offers, but it's a bit nakakahiya kase it's my luho. If he sees pa my list of books to buy, oh no! Although, he offered to buy me Paolo Coehlo books (and the books he thinks are not very high on my "books to buy list"). Aww.

Anyway because Crissy said I should bring a book, I bought "Every Boy's Got One" by Meg Cabot on a whim. As in, without even flipping through the book or thinking how slightly pricey it was--good thing when the cashier swiped it, it turned out much much cheaper. When I opened it (I hate hate hate how Natio and even Powerbooks wraps their books so tightly and have the stickiest gum stickers. It's so hard to remove and it ruins the book), I saw the story was told in e-mail exchanges, journal entries and the like--which at first didn't appeal to me. But since I had nothing else to do in Starbucks, I started reading and I got so into the story, it's like being privy to other people's lives through their personal correspondence and diary entries (much like a blog). After finishing it in less than two days, I went out and bought "Boy meets Girl", which I finished in one afternoon. Kilig.

But I had to control myself from buying "The Second Summer of the Travelling Pants"--is that the title? The second book, as well as "The Third Summer" by Ann Brashares. I cried over the first book. Plus, I'm looking out for "The Boy Next Door" by Meg Cabot and "Citizen Girl". Yes, mostly light and fluffy stuff because I need books to read which keep my mind off other things *grr*. Oh, another one is "Eats, Shoots and Leaves", just for the oc in me.

Books are my only indulgence (aside from coffee, I guess--but only if I'm feeling bad and sleepy) so I allow myself not to worry about it. I mean, I remember when I would spend for fashion magazines before! My gosh, it made me feel really bad. I don't know why, so I just limited myself to a once-a-year fashion mag purchase. As for books... Well, I guess I shouldn't punish myself for it. I mean, these are books, I like to read, they keep me occupied and happy. I don't know, it's just different for me and books. But help. So many books to buy and these are not in my budget (yet)! :)

* * *
Watched Million Dollar Baby with the girls yesterday. I would've cried buckets if Pats didn't point out Crissy really crying. I never knew she was a soft touch! I did get teary eyed and sentimental, but haay, I couldn't stand the boxing matches. Gaah.

* * *
I think they're going to open Gonuts in Eastwood! Aaaahh!!! I hope I can get my Peanut Butter donut fix soon! I miss it sooo badly. I had an Amazing Glaze fix earlier this week, but I want my Peanut Butter!

Posted at 7:39 PM |

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I love Meg Cabot! You should check out her Mediator 6-book series! Or the 1-800-Missing one, which is under her other name, Jenny Carroll I believe. :)

7:03 AM, March 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.