Thursday, March 10, 2005
After hanging out in the Greenhills office today, I have a new goal to make my life at work bearable: I want to dress better! Seriously! They all look great (or maybe because they have to face the client? Whatever the reason, still was in pure envy).

You see, my clothes are oh-so-boring. Most of my clothes are from my college days when we were required to wear corporate attire to class. And me, being really lazy to think of fun stuff to wear just bought a lot of plain button down shirts and a lot of dark pants. Not much to look at but it gets the job done. It's also relatively easy to commute in (especially if you have to take a lot of jeepney/tricycle rides to get to the office and a lot of long walks under the sun... or rain for that matter!), forgettable, mix-and-match-able, not very crumple-able but yes, boring. It's practical and sensible, but it's not lively or interesting. *yawn*

That frustrates me. I'd love to look pretty even if I am in a bad mood or if I just don't want to go to work but I have to. It makes a lot of difference, looking great even when you don't because in the end you do feel much better! I have never really been clothes conscious before (odd for a girl who grew up on a steady diet of fashion magazines since she was 13 years old), but now I truly realize the significance of clothes and the image it projects. I now understand the "fashion before comfort" thing, the whole obsessing over what to wear. I was never a girly-girl, but now with nothing so much to look forward to (at the moment anyway), I'd love to indulge in clothes and shoes and stuff. Haha, hope this will be okay. I might end up being a fashion emergency--something I so want to avoid!

Posted at 5:51 PM |

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

So odd how I was such a fashion victim way back when and now I'm just so anti-fashion. Isn't it tiring to look nice?! But I know what you mean... I guess this has something to do with how we're nearly in our mid-20s too (more so with you coz you work in the corporate world)... like we have to look the part or something to that effect. I'm trying to girl it up as well. *LOL* We'll see how things go. By the way, I'm meeting up Mrs. Marat tomorrow already! So exciting. I'll email you and Anch the pics! :) We'll drink a frozen hot choco at Serendipity for you.

11:53 AM, March 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.