Sunday, December 05, 2004
Here I am, feeling critic. Hehe. Oh well. :)

We watched Cabaret last night at Music Museum. It was okay, but I honestly did not know it was a tragedy! Whenever I hear the song "Cabaret", I think of chorus girls. In context, it's a really sad song. Since I didn't know it was a tragedy or how slightly racy it would be, I had no idea what to expect. Generally, I liked Cabaret.

Watching it made me reminisce the plays we've watched. I love watching plays. When I was a senior in high school and knew that I would be going to my college, I said I would watch all the plays in school. My college is known for its plays due to the humanities background and I was excited to be going there and having the chance to watch all the plays. Unfortunately, that didn't happen: I only watched plays for homework, which was kind of sad. At least my parents would always have tickets for the interesting (not necessarily popular) shows. Some of which are memorable (Promises, Promises is one of them, if only for the familiar songs!), some not so (Camelot--must have seen two versions already and I fell asleep once because I was so exhausted from school; Miss Saigon--when it was staged here, I got to watch it but I wasn't really impressed).

Most memorable? Let's see:

Les Miserables. It must've been ten years since Rep staged it here, but oh my gosh, I still remember and love it! I think we got the soundtrack before we saw the musical and I only wanted to hear "On My Own" (every sawi girl's anthem, haha). After seeing the musical, we would listen to the tapes almost everyday and my favorite song became Javert's "Stars"--the scene in the musical struck me. Aside from that, the production was great in every sense.

A Bedfull of Foreigners. Super laugh trip! For once, we went to watch a comedy. Had no idea again what it was going to be all about, but ut was a fun fun show. The double meanings aside, it's hard to make people laugh, but the actors came across well. Loved it.

I'm still trying to remember other shows I've seen, but so far the two mentioned are the really unforgettable ones for me. I do have an idea of some shows I'd love to see one day, but they haven't been staged here yet (maybe it's expensive to bring over). But who knows, with the growing theater market here, more shows may just be staged here sooner than I think.

Posted at 7:39 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.