Saturday, September 25, 2004

My Inbox

Gaad. Looking through my inbox at work makes my head ache. I see 2202 items (180 of which are unread) in the inbox, which I hope includes the mail I segregated to different folders per unit. I have so much irrelevant-yet-useful stuff clogging my mailbox. I knew I had a problem with the stuff in my inbox when someone was shoulder surfing (ha! New word I picked up from our information security thingamajig) and exclaimed, "Whoooaaa..." in a very shocked tone. I was looking for his general mail to us before and I couldn't find it. As in, it took me a while. He seemed amazed that I hadn't sorted out my mail so much. Yeah, my fault. I know his inbox is quite neat.

I have a problem with deleting things. My cellphone has about 150+ messages stored there with memorable text messages sent to me by friends (especially long lost ones), (former) crushes (but still makes me kilig), general announcements from my favorite shops and so on. For my phone, it's more for sentimental value that's why it's so hard for me to delete messages. Sometimes, I think, I'm so over that phase/crush/etc so I can delete it, but sometimes I just can't because it's such a fun memory. Sigh. So it takes me much longer to delete things from there. Same goes with my personal e-mail address. Good thing Yahoo and Gmail offer larger storage space for sentimental packrats like me.

But my work e-mail! That's another story. Sometimes, I'm in the CC field of the message so I get a lot of the sagutan which is not really relevant to me--although I have to admit, the process is fascinating. I get to see who to refer to to make something work or who's the point person. I can't just delete that because I think I'll need it later on (which is true). There are also long, overdue cases which I get in my mail, but I do need to keep for reference... It's really a lot and I've been segregating mails back and forth, deleting some others and I still have 2000+ in there! Goodness. And yes, I'm guilty of not reading some. I just read the replies from the other units, so that it's all in one mail instead of accessing each e-mail in the conversation. I realized I tend to delete the original or source e-mail as I know there'll be a string of e-mail replies to that, might as well just read the reply.

So right now, while there's not so much to do, I'm trying my best to clean it out. And I'm getting a massive headache already reading everything from the beginning just to see if it's resolved already. Hmm. This is going to be a long afternoon.

Posted at 3:51 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.