Sunday, May 16, 2004

Troy

Hector is the man! Ahaha! That was my reaction during the whole movie. You just have to root for the guy because he is so dedicated to Troy and his family. Even to Paris, Hector was faithful to him, after all Paris did *roll eyes*. Goodness, even before, while reading Iliad for school, I disliked Paris for being so weak.

Troy is Iliad, Hollywood style talaga. Then again, the credits read "inspired by Iliad" so it's not totally ruined by Hollywood. My favorites based on school readings were Achilles, Odysseus (spelling?) and Hector and Andromache. Plus, I loved the names Chryseis and Breseis. :) In the movie though, it was a bit hard to picture Achilles as, um, Brad Pitt. Rather, Brad Pitt as Achilles. :) It just didn't jive with my perception of Achilles. Oh well. Hector (Eric Bana) was definitely the way I imagined him to be: noble and valiant. How cheesy but I thought Priam oozed of wisdom and humility (especially when he went to Achilles, aww). *sigh* As for Helen... bah. She's pretty, that's it.

It was a nice movie, but not as spectacular as I thought it would be. Fun three hours.

Posted at 12:06 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.