Thursday, April 01, 2004
I'm tired.

I finished the impossible purple dress hunt by going to the one who did my grad dress before. I kind of gave up looking for a ready-to-wear dress after scouring almost all the malls in the Makati and Ortigas area. Most of the dresses on sale made me look like a starlet on her first awards night: sequined within every inch of its life and bathed in tulle. No. Or maybe I just don't know where to look. I did fall in love with a dress at K & Co. It was a short pink shantung silk shift--everything the bride did not want my dress to be (my dress is supposed to be purple and long). I loooved that dress. I wanted to buy it! But I'm not a very dress-y person and I don't know when I'd be able to wear that dress. *sigh*

I more or less know how I want to look like on the wedding day of my friend. As a secondary sponsor, I chose to have my dress in purple, Sabrina neck and... long. I wanted an a-line cut for the bottom, but everyone with me (my dad, bro and the dressmaker) vetoed it saying there would have to be a petticoat (?!) underneath. Err... okay. I just didn't want a form-fitting bottom because I'm more pear shaped, so I don't want to enhance my thighs. Eek. As for the accessories, I got new silver sandals (which I have to practice walking in! I just realized they're sort of kitty heels--and I am not used to wearing heels. I would've used the old ones I have but they are ratty already) and a lovely silver handbag. I could have had a purple bag made to match the dress, but nah. I've been thinking about the bag I bought ever since I first saw it. :) What I lack, although a bit unnecessary, is a hair accessory. I want to have a pretty wire-y headband for my hair like what Ais had before for this wedding she went to.

My only concern now before my first fitting would be if I should have beadwork along the neckline. I think it's a bit over for an afternoon wedding and I might look exag. Although it's a nice idea, but I honestly think it might be over. But without the beadwork the dress might look plain. I wonder. So in this case, is it better to be overdressed than underdressed (granting, I can't pluck out the beads)?

Posted at 7:40 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.