Thursday, March 11, 2004
I looove browsing through book stores. I picked up that habit up when I was in college, while waiting for my parents in Shang, I'd hang around National Bookstore and I'd just prowl through the book store, touching books, reading their summaries, flipping through the pages (seeing if they have nice fonts--there are some authors that go with certain fonts) and so on. It's an odd habit and I try to be as inconspicuous as possible; I don't think Natio is a bookworm-friendly place, I suppose that's why they have Power Books.

Anyway, today my teammates brought me to Booktopia. I've always been curious about the place and have even been there once, but I didn't stay long. According to my teammates, they stay there for hours on end just reading and going through books. They pretty much know the people manning the store, so crashing there is usual for them. So that's what we did when we got there. Taking their lead, I set my bag at the table and set to trawling through the book store. Booktopia's not big like Power Books or Fully Booked, but it's cozy and has chairs and bean bags to sit and look through books. You're more or less left on your own, which I like in a book store. It was just the three of us for most of the time there. So many things to look at! They also have these catalogs of the cutest stationery, toys, calendars, journals and so on that can only be found in the US and which most likely can be ordered through them. Not yet now though. Ava showed me this super interesting book--"I Spy". It's for kids, but it's fun to do, trying to look for the "rabbit" was hard ha! I left after about an hour and a half, but my teammates stayed. They also offer services like book search (I don't know what's it's called, but they do find books for you) and reselling of second hand books. Nice place, will definitely go back there (especially since there's a book there that I was eyeing earlier but forgot to buy it).

* * *
There's something about being with different people that changes your outlook on certain things. I think. Right now, my life plans are once again disturbed. So I don't know what to do again! I feel like I'm starting over again--it was not fun trying to accept that I could move on a few months ago, but now, I don't know. On the bright side, my new teammates have been really, really nice and that's one thing I'm very grateful for. I miss the walang malisya people but I still get to see them and talk to them, but not as often as we used to. :( Life is... weird again right now.

* * *
I wanted to watch "Lost in Translation" today as I realized it's my only free time for now but it's not showing anymore in any movie theatre. *sigh* I want a normal life.

Posted at 11:02 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.