Saturday, March 20, 2004
Finally lined up for 30 minutes at Gonuts today. My teammates and I have been trying to con charm Bro into buying Gonuts for the team since last week, especially since we spotted six or so dozens last week in the office and we were just there, staring and drooling over it. But Bro, standing in line for a few minutes last Wednesday afternoon, gave up, thinking, "Tataba lang ako sa pagkain nito." So no Gonuts for the team last week.

On the way home from Makati today, it was quite early so my dad had the bright idea of lining up for Gonuts. Hah. We got there at about 5:30 and I freaked out at the length of the line (turns out it's not very long at that rate), but my parents were like, just line up. Funny pala talaga when you line up there, everyone is insta-friends because you're all stuck there, just waiting to buy donuts. Anyway, the Gonuts people thought of ways to humor the line with games. Na-pressure ako ha! The girls in front of me, the family behind me and the couple behind the family--kinareer ang games! You have to admire their enthusiam, but then again anyone couldn't help but join in the games. Might as well nga naman. I won one round in name that tune--how could people not know "I Got You Babe"?! Hehe. My mom was surprised I even knew that Cher song--I should know, Beavis and Butthead remade that song with Cher!

So there, when we got quite near, the lady behind me started chatting up with me on how much longer the line was from where we started. Hay. Now we have a dozen Gonuts of various flavors, including Ava's recommendation of Pastillas de Leche, but not Anch's fave rave of Peanut Butter--which I have been curious about because I love peanut butter. I do hope the donuts are good, sana hindi lang siya hype.

* * *
Funny how when I need to buckle down and study for my finals, I start thinking of all sorts of things. I would've thought I would've outgrown my old study habits. But nooo, once I have my notes in front of me, my mind begins to wander. Like when we discussed this section, that was the day we had a major laugh trip with super corny jokes by Empy. Or when was the day we loved our sked? And then I want to start reading the new Vanity Fair. Or re-read any of the books on my bedside (that's a lot). Anything but my notes. *sigh*

Posted at 9:52 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.