Thursday, January 01, 2004
Here's to 2004!

Sigh. The holidays are almost over and life will be sort of back to normal, only it's a new year. I'm hoping, hoping for the best this 2004. 2003 had a lot of good things, but it was a stand still year for me.

Good things from 2003 that I can think of right now:

Reconnecting with my old, old friends from grade school and high school, either just through Friendster (yes, I've been pretty hesitant to join Friendster, but now, I'm glad I did... yii, I sound like a testimonial for Friendster). It really feels nice to be connected with them, even if it's just through text or e-mail or Friendster messages.

Occasional meetings with my college friends. It's not very often because of work schedules (mine mostly are the hardest to coordinate with), but whenever I meet up with them, I feel like I'm coming home and being myself.

Bonding with my team. They're the best. They let me try and go beyond my limits, but they don't lead me astray. :)

Hanging out with my family. They're the unfortunate ones who have to listen to me every single day after work--trust me, that's not a good thing (me, getting off from work, that is. I'm very cranky). Buti na lang they can put up with me.

My officemates who've left. We still keep in touch and that's the great part of it. I wish we could meet up more though.

Definitely more good than bad, I think. :) Hope it will be like that for the new year as well.

* * *
My New Year Reading

A friend lent me "Veronika Decides to Die" by Paulo Coelho in exchange for lending him "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown. Is it an auspicious way to start the year? I read it through the new year, stopping only when we had the fireworks and media noche. I had to agree on why she wanted to die--who doesn't feel that way? But life is something to be celebrated, even with the futility of everything around us. I already finished it, but just like other books by Paulo Coelho, but I'll be re-reading it again to absorb the full meaning and discover other thoughts a long the way.

* * *
Let's see. The Fab Team Holiday dinner was fun. It was my first time at Lizzie's place, much to everyone's surprise. Not everyone was there, but it was still interesting. There was the usual inuman, asaran and kwentuhan especially about the people around us (we're all chismoso that way). They are so funny! They gave me a bottle of blueberry Vodka Cruiser and told me to finish it in one hour! Hee, a time limit, as it takes me forever to finish a bottle. Kuya mentioned that the Fab Team would have another outing (!) with lots of peer pressure and he offered me that if he gets Crushable to come along; what would I give him in return (credit to casa ba?). Last Saturday, I said I would give it some thought, but after Ais' kwento about Crushable yesterday, no thanks. Super turn off. I don't like Crushable anymore. Like Jerk, he's not perfect anymore, too good to be true. How sad is that. :(

Posted at 7:45 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.