Friday, November 21, 2003
Watched the Mandy Moore concert last night. Two words: Too short. But in fairness, she sang "I Wanna Be With You", my favorite Mandy song. But she didn't sing "Crush" which is my second fave. Oh well.

Glad I got to go out and see people from school. Aside from going to the concert with Tessa, Ivy and Day, I saw Anna K. We were all in the Upper Box (which I realized only last night, is very high up). Mai Mai was in the General Admission section, but she got to see more because she had binoculars. I'm happy I got the chance to go out as I'm so burned out. It was super fun because we brought along a poster for Mandy ("I'm missing you like Andy!")--hope she saw that. :) But if not, it's the thought that counts. ;)

The first parts of the concert were sort of boring, especially if you can't understand a thing! Like the front act of Arnee. I could not understand a thing she was singing (awful sound system). Jay-R was slightly better. Then 30 minutes after the front act (as in we were just seated in the dark), Mandy finally came out. Hee. Her ten song set was... okay, but I suppose people were expecting more than ten songs. Or even sing some of her first songs like "Crush" or "Candy". But the idea was to promote her new album, so she had to sing that. Hmm. I didn't know most of the songs (although my parents knew "Moonshadow"!) off the album, so I didn't appreciate it so much. Still, it was fun to see Mandy. She seemed genuinely nice and charming. My friends and I just wished Andy was there too (hehe). I mean, chances are, but who knows?

* * *
One thing I also discovered last night: musicians that I really am a big fan of, I don't get to watch their concerts here, but those singers or groups that I like in a normal, not really fanatical way, I watch their concerts. Take for example, the Corrs. I listened to their CDs almost everyday when I was in college, but I was too... stingy to watch their concert here. Big regret. :(

* * *
My bro texted me from Baguio they're in a really awful party now. Wonder if it's super cold there already? Bliz is going there tonight and Mai Mai asked her to bring her pine cones. Oh-kay. I was very amused.

Posted at 11:53 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.