Sunday, November 23, 2003
Random Thoughts

I was in the ladies' room in the mall today and I was listening to some dressed up girls talking about pepper spray (btw, I was not eavesdropping. The whole crowded washroom was awfully quiet and they were talking loudly--who couldn't listen in?). Anyway, Girl 1 said her dad got her Mace. Girl 2 said that you have to have a license to carry Mace in this country, or else. Girl 1 said so she had to get a license just to protect herself? What's the logic in that?

I almost gaped at them. I don't think you need a license to carry Mace or pepper spray. At least none that I know of. My friend used to bring a canister of tear gas to school. I've been carrying Mace ever since I was a freshman in college, when I started commuting by myself and had a bad experience. How can people regulate carrying Mace when it can be easily bought in hardware stores? I didn't even know tear gas was available for self-defense until my friend showed me the canister. That was weird, although it made me think because Mace is banned in some states in the US. But then again, I don't think pepper spray is well-known here.

I was pretty amazed tonight. I got a text message from Jerk and all I could think of was that he still had my number. Aw, I was touched. It wasn't a kilig message, but still, I was surprised he still has my number after all these years. I wonder how he is. I suppose he still remembers me if he texted me, but you never know, it's just a random message. Oh well.

Friday Five

1. List five things you'd like to accomplish by the end of the year.
Clean out my room, redesign my room, open a TD account, clean out my papers in the office (and get a freaking lock for my pedestal), job hunt (?).

2. List five people you've lost contact with that you'd like to hear from again.
Mostly high school and grade school friends that I really connected with before, but somehow lost touch with when we got to college. :( They were the kind of people an insecure preteen/teen needed to be friends with in those awkward years.

3. List five things you'd like to learn how to do.
Cook (the Home Ec reject strikes again! Other than that, I do not exactly want to learn how to crochet), dance, be artsy-craftsy, apply make-up expertly, look fresh and neat the whole day.

4. List five things you'd do if you won the lottery (no limit).
Give to charity, get a car, buy lots of books and VCDs, go shopping for clothes, invest the money in business or the money market... my list goes on and on.

5. List five things you do that help you relax.
Blog/journal writing, sleeping, reading, watching TV, talking to someone who knows me well. :)

Posted at 1:40 AM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.