Sunday, November 23, 2003
I have nothing to read! I get so frustrated when that happens. I don't think I can ever read slowly (with the exception of Michael Oondatje's work). If the book is unputdownable, I really have to finish it even if I have to sleep at three am (and get up at five thirty to go to work). I've finished all the books my parents bought for me recently, so I have nothing to read and I keep putting off buying books, thinking that I can always pick that book up next time.

So today, I decided to go to the den and unearth some of the first "grown up" books I read before and never had the chance to re-read now that I am much older. Right now, I am re-reading "The Firm" by John Grisham. I read it when I was 11 and I didn't fully appreciate it--maybe I was too young. I'm enjoying reading it again, with a new mindset and a better appreciation for the concepts in the book. I read somewhere that a person has to read a good book at three phases in his life: when he is young and idealistic, middle aged and finally in the twilight years to really enjoy the author's work. Hehe, that's sort of what I feel I am doing right now.

* * *
New clan crisis, but my cousin and I couldn't get anything out of my mom and aunt during dinner because they were seated at the other end of the table and the resto we were in was way too noisy. My cousin and I conceded that we should just wait for my bro to find out the grisly details because my cousin said my bro is the acknowledged source of information (read: chismoso! Hehe, aminado rin ako pero about clan issues, I'm not that updated. My cousin says my bro knows a lot!). But he's able to get it out of my mom, so that shouldn't be a problem. :)

* * *
Wishing and hoping for this week. Very burned out already. Just do not make me cook! Added stress!

Posted at 11:58 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.