Wednesday, October 01, 2003
I was listening to Mai Mai lecture another teammate about his issues with Bo and team play. And being the only other person there, I felt the lecture was also sort of directed to me (literally and figuratively).

You see, I am the anti-social one. I am well-known for that: I don't go with them during the after log inuman or anti burnout parties or even the joint birthday bash of most of my teammates (a miscalculated miss). It's not that I don't want to--there are times that going home for me would be a problem. No one goes home to the east side and it's sometimes really embarrassing to ask my parents to fetch me in the wee hours of the morning, especially as they have to be up and about early. Aside from that, drinking is not really my thing. They know I don't really drink and I feel that I would be so OP there. So I make it painless by avoiding the whole thing.

My absence from various bonding sessions has been noticed, but it's not that I avoid being part of the Fab Team. I think they are a great bunch of people. I was apprehensive at first to be part of the team because the only person I knew from before was Lizzie and the others (especially the seniors), I only knew from one buddy up during my training days. But now, sobrang enjoy and I am glad to be part of that. I think they do understand naman my position and they don't really force me into anything I wouldn't want to get into... wala lang, I'm not avoiding them or anything and I try naman to be part of the team, as much as I can, when I can. I mean, the only way to survive in our work is to have a good team to depend on. Like what Mai Mai was pointing out, it's not just the team in terms of statistics or leads, but team in helping each other out at work, being one big barkada as well.

So there, the gist of her lecture and my learnings. I wasn't really prepared to assess myself and team play today, but it did help make me think that maybe I shouldn't be so detached from them (but I'm not naman, I guess. Sometimes, I just feel like I'm on the fringes of the team... oh well) and once in a while, live it up with them. Well, we'll see on Friday. :)

* * *

I was unintentionally in blue today... oh dear. Should've worn red or yellow (dragons?).

Posted at 2:14 AM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.