Saturday, October 04, 2003
The anti-social me gave in and went to the despedida-turned-celebration last night that ended in the wee hours of the morning. It was just supposed to be a team dinner that ended up almost like an anti-burnout party with a lot of people from work coming by.

Me being there was a surprise for most people, but as Liz was saying, I was just living the lessons I learned from the magazine we were reading before that one should attend all parties invited to, etc. (something like that--it was an article about getting out of the box).

Fun siya, although, promise it was tiring. Just so glad Papa Bo is back.

* * *

In parties, I am definitely not the hostess with the mostest.

First off, I wasn't aware that it was going to be a DIY party. I thought it might be a potluck with Diane volunteering to bring pasta and then we buy the barbecue or something. It turns out Lizzie and Puals would be the one cooking the pasta at the house. Ehe. Rather than smoking and hanging out with the boys, I decided to putter around the kitchen. It felt awkward just being there while they were busy so I volunteered my services. So while Liz and Puals cooked and made the salad, the Home Ec reject (that would be me), did random stuff like wash the dishes, grate cheese, taste the timpla of the sauce and the fruit salad, put toothpicks on the hotdogs, pushing the cake on the plate, serving the pasta, etc. See, cookers like them need someone like me to help them out. :)

I'm becoming a fan of house music! And the "team song" (theme song) was played over and over again. "Dove" is the official dance song, "Kailangan Kita" the official senti song.

And the boys were quizzing me on the mag that was lying around (FHM, if you must know) and which I was flipping through, much to their amusement. I am the, uh, "innocent" one on the team and they were asking me what I learned from it. Haha. Syempre, because it's the Fab Team, it's an oversharing thing, nothing is kept from each other. Goodness.

I feel guilty lang I wasn't able to stay and help clean up, but by three a.m., there seemed to be no sign of the party breaking up. :(

My last Saturday as closing and I'm not there. Oh well. I wanted to celebrate a Saturday off by going to the mall but not possible because I slept the whole day. Obviously am not used to nights like the one before... pero honestly, how do my teammates handle not sleeping?

Posted at 8:12 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.