Saturday, August 02, 2003
I had been looking forward to this weekend so much--I awfully didn't want to jinx it because it was the much much much awaited team outing of our Fabulous Team.

It's sooo hard to schedule a team outing, I swear. Days off are not all the same, it just so happened that we have a common off and we decided to switch, switch, switch. It wasn't easy, though. We were set to leave after log on Thursday and by Wednesday evening, we were all stressed in fixing our scheds. But thanks to some angels on the other teams we were finally able to work it out. I swear, Wednesday was extra stressful for Lizzie and Puals, but we were able to work out their sched at last, just a few sacrifices on their end.

Thursday night, I think I was the most ineffective officer at work. :) I was just too hyper and ready to go! And we finally did at 1:30 am. I don't mind travelling at night to far off places, although I want to get to sleep even for a while. Hay naku, with my car-mates, sleep was not possible. We listened to Rex Navarrete and all sorts of danceable songs. At 2 am (I think) we were at Petron, having dinner of sorts.

Ooh... and our car had a scene-straight-from-a-movie moment! At 3:30 am, we were stuck in this muddy road somewhere in Pampanga and the van wouldn't move. So someone had the idea that we ought to get off so Bo could maneuver the van. Goodness, when we got off, it was super muddy because huge trucks that went ahead of us had worn grooves into the road so the middle was quite high and muddy. Anyway, Rox, Ria, Jan, TJ and I were walking along, but I think we were walking too slowly in the middle of the road that the huge trucks behind us were quite impatient. They were honking and gaining on us, shining their headlights really bright and overtaking us on all sides. By then, Bo had already gotten the van out of the deep mud, so we were all going, "Takbo! Sakay, bilis!" Goodness, we were all muddy. Think "Joy Ride."

Finally we got to Subic at about five am? After a few photo ops by the highway sign at Subic stating we were at the Freeport already.

Let's see:

5:30am: Made it to the house we're staying in. It's okay, but I wonder how we are to fit and all that. Hay, we're so noisy settling in.

6:30am: Girl talk time! In the girls' room, we thought about sleeping, but we ended up telling stories about their love lives (can't relate, syempre). Interesting though. :)

6:45am: Girl talk sort of--we were joined by Mario and Carl and it was in a game mode. If I thought we were oversharing before, this is even more so. And we were asking our 1-2-3s at work. *grin* Now everyone knows.

7+am: The guys leave and we sleep until lunch. Lizzie just had a power nap then went off to the market with out super. I swear, siya yung kawawa at pagod this weekend because she's our Mommy. I just got stuck with dishwashing duty (so I'm a Home Ec reject).

About 2pm: Lunch and then mah-jong, fortune-telling and card games.

4pm: Beach! We drove to this beach in Subic which was so-so (I've been to that beach ages ago). It was kind of late to tan, which most people wanted to do, but that was okay. The water was itchy... We were the only people there and we hogged the videoke machine! But my teammates are good singers.
:) Especially Rox and Mai.

8pm: Back at the house in Beta Street. Waiting for dinner, which is inihaw na liempo. Heard about the coup rumors and that the expressways were blocked already. Hmm... interesting. What if we were stuck there? Hehehe. No one could log for us. I went down after my bath to join Lizzie, Glen and Rupert grilling in the backyard. It was a nice cool night and I was just chatting with them while waiting for the food. I was also texting Ais who was telling me that she was super envious that our team was able to go and bond. Aww.

After dinner, about 10pm or so: This was when things started to get interesting. An outing isn't complete without the inuman and some, uh, games. Our team was on a "walang malisya" mode the whole weekend. Eek. Anyway, good thing Puals was the bartender because she mixed me a very mild drink since she knows I don't really drink. :) Had to be sort of brave (haha, know what Empy told me when he found out I was going? "Naks, di na siya manang!" Complete with high five! I didn't get it last week. Now I know).

1am: Weird things happening with a very distressed teammate and her bf back in Manila. It was a singing fest since we got bored with the games. Fun. :)

About 2:30am: I went to the room by this time because, hello, I was sort of weirded out by that time. Puals was in bed already, Lizzie just started drinking (she slept after dinner) and we were still magulo in the room.

I think I went to sleep by 4:30 to 5am--after much laughter and kwentuhan.

It was super, super fun. I was not let down by the weekend. I had been really looking forward to it and I was glad our whole team, including our super (which is rare daw, the team being complete, that is) was there to bond and have fun. :)

I am on a high right now about the trip! I am really babbling right now. I must've slept a grand total of five hours in the past two days and my body is really tired, but really, it was a high. In fact, I'm downloading from Kazaa all our "theme songs" for the past few days. Sigh. Shucks, one song down and I feel like dancing... but I'm too pooped.

A lot of things unexpected came out of the trip as well. We all learned a lot about each other (a lot talaga), which we promised would be kept only within the team. I know we will. It was rather interesting. I got to bond with those I used to shy away from--not that they were bad or anything but because I was intimidated at first by them.

Back to work tomorrow. Waah. :(

Oh, and I walked away with the "Rookie of the Year" Award. *grin* Hands down.

Posted at 11:34 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.