Thursday, July 17, 2003
As red as a tomato (actually, the term used was macopa, but I don't know how red a macopa is)!

My good friends have always told me that my face is very transparent. My real feelings are projected through my face, something I'm not very conscious of. They've also told me that I blush easily and uncontrollably whenever I am put on the spot.

Tonight was no exception. It was a horrible day and I was so noisy because I was very irate myself. Out of the blue, one of my teammates asked me if I had a significant other and another teammate who knew me from way before was the one answering his queries. Basta, C was interrogating me about my high school and I asked him his na rin... I did find out a lot of things like this juicy gossip bit of information about Gwennie's long time crush White Cap (!) and so on. I just casually asked C if, um, he knew Jerk and it, ugh, turns out they were classmates in high school and blockmates in college. And that they just met up a month or so ago for a block reunion.

I was like, ah okay, sige, end of discussion. Then C wandered over and asked, "Bakit? Type mo ba?" To which I said, nope, he's just a friend. But C gave me this look and then started teasing me and asking if Jerk and I ever had a relationship.

Goodness, I was blushing to the roots of my hair and my hands were so cold! Of course not, no relationship ever but I was affected--and I know that I'm over Jerk. Truly. I haven't seen the guy in ages and I was just curious if C knew him. Syempre my other teammates were curious about the racket we were making to which I heard someone say I looked like a macopa because I was blushing.

If I was still so infatuated with Jerk as I was before, it would have been a kilig moment, learning that he's a smart kid who was accelerated from Grade 6 to high school, honors caliber (dean's list, semi-honors section, double degree) in college. Finding out Jerk was even the barkada of my friend's kuya and that she knew his ex (before Gwennie's best friend was the ex) would have been a big thing. Small world, really. But right now, I'm not obsessed anymore. I'm tired with the overanalysis of all his messages and whatever happened then and all the "what ifs". It will probably make for a good story which I promised C tomorrow (tonight!). I used to think the story of Jerk and me is far from ended, that there still is some hope for a happy ending (us?), but I suppose I'll just end it as it is: nothing happened and it's been looong over, I was just too pathetic to realize that.

Posted at 2:05 AM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.