Friday, May 09, 2003
Interesting Friday Five!

1. Would you consider yourself an organized person? Why or why not?
I like to think so! *grin* I mean, when I was still in school, I liked to keep my notes super organized with all the spacing, tick marks and stuff. Plus, I scheduled the stuff I had to do so that at least they could be accomplished. At work, I like to "set up", meaning, I put all the relevant items in front of me and the programs to access are set in a particular order so that I can get to them easily. Unfortunately, by the end of the day, my place is all messed up. So much for being organized.

2. Do you keep some type of planner, organizer, calendar, etc. with you, and do you use it regularly?
During my school days, I always had a planner with me. As in, I could survive any day as long as I had my pencil case, wallet and planner. I carried those stuff everywhere. My planner contained everything from appointments, meetings, birthdays, homework, relevant dates, gimmicks, reminders, contact numbers of people--all written up in blue ink and then ticked off with a red sign pen (OC much?) when done. But then, when I started working, I just stopped using a planner, which is contradictory because of the unpredictability of my schedules and the endless pending stuff I have to do the next day or accounts to monitor. I guess I should start using a planner again to manage my time, finances and awfully messy life.

3. Would you say that your desk is organized right now?
Haha, NO!

4. Do you alphabetize CDs, books, and DVDs, or does it not matter?
Not alphabetize, but for example, when I arrange my bookshelf, I like to have the books that look alike stay together. Or if CDs, the same groups' CDs should be together.

5. What's the hardest thing you've ever had to organize?
My room. A work in progress.

* * *


I think my work has made me more sensitive on how people react to the way they are treated as customers. Take for example when we were buying tickets for X-Men 2 (a movie begging for a part three--and I can't wait for that. The movie was good, better than the first!) today.

Here comes this old man also planning to watch the movie and was holding his money out already to pay for the seat. But since we were still at the counter confirming the seats and then getting the money out to pay, the ticket seller was attending to us. The man was already forking over his money and telling the ticket seller to attend to him first because we were taking so long (we were five). I think the ticket seller motioned him to wait first because she was finishing our transaction when the old man goes loudly, "Nasaan ba ang supervisor mo?" To which the ticket seller replies really patiently something like the supervisor is not yet there or something and that she would be attending to him after us.

I don't know why he was so impatient or bullish, but I didn't see the necessity of being irate right there when the ticket seller was just doing her job and, for crying out loud, he was next in line to five people (us) who were buying tickets for the movie. The movie was not going to start in half an hour or so and there were many seats available (he just wanted one seat at the dulo). Plus, he was so rude in the movie theater, with his mobile going off and him talking pa to the person on the other line. Sheesh. People who like to throw their weight around and think they're so much better than everyone else really, really annoy me. Kainis!

Posted at 10:39 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.