Sunday, April 06, 2003
Could it be that my favorite clothes store will be getting Natalie Portman as their new image model? I noticed that the Alicia Silverstone billboard along Guadalupe's gone and in the shops, no more Alicia pics. And they have these ads in the paper "Kamiseta is shooting for the STARS... may the force be with you." (it's a not-so-subtle teaser).

Hmm... Natalie Portman? She's pretty, but I find Keira Knightley (the girl who played Queen Amidala's double/decoy just in case there's a war in that place--sorry, I haven't seen Star Wars) prettier. There's a picture of her in Vanity Fair this month for the new movie "Love Actually" and she was beautiful there. Keira is also in "Bend it like Beckham". Keira has said that she used to look like Natalie Portman when she was much younger that their moms couldn't tell them apart when they had make up on. I digress.

Anyway, back to the new image model. Is having a foreign image model really successful? So we have Alicia, Mandy and now Natalie--do they really wear the clothes they endorse? I remember a classmate in college complaining, "I saw Alicia in a fashion mag, eh di naman niya suot yung Kamiseta!" Uh-huh. She was just paid for those pics.

I don't really approve of having foreign celebrities as image models for local brands (it's like there isn't any more young and decent Filipina that could be a role model), but the industry people say it works (per what my Retail and Franchising Management teacher told us in class) and who are we to argue with numbers?

Posted at 12:37 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.