Sunday, March 02, 2003
I subscribe to Candy's Sweet Reminders and although most of the stuff there don't really relate to me anymore (haha), I always look forward to their quotes at the end of the Sweet Reminder. The latest one, I really like. It goes: "Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved." - W.J. Bryant

Nice no?

* * *

Delayed answers to Friday Five:

1. What is your favorite type of literature to read (magazine, newspaper, novels, nonfiction, poetry, etc.)?
I read a lot of books, mostly fiction, and lately, by Jeffrey Archer, Ken Follett and the like. I also read magazines, but now, it's more of Vanity Fair than Cosmo or Preview.

2. What is your favorite novel?
I have a lot! My list includes Jeffrey Archer's "As the Crow Flies", Madeleine L'Engle's "Camilla", AE Cannon's "Amazing Gracie", Amy Tan's "Joy Luck Club" and "The Bonesetter's Daughter", Nicholas Sparks' "The Notebook" and "A Walk to Remember" and so on.

3. Do you have a favorite poem? (Share it!)
I'm not really into poetry, but I like Christina Rossetti's "Remember."

4. What is one thing you've always wanted to read, or wish you had more time to read?
I have a book list in my journal that has a whole lot of books I want to buy/read whenever I see it in Power Books or Page One. It's quite a lot and I want to build my collection. Unfortunately, I can't afford them all (yet--hay, dreaming!).

5. What are you currently reading?
Still Katharine Graham's "Personal History". I have been reading it for two months already. It's an inspiring read, although I think I have to look up American history for some of the people and events there.

Posted at 8:22 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.