Sunday, February 02, 2003
Once is Enough?

Saturdays aren't so bad either--I was logged on for almost eight hours (ha, I couldn't believe did overtime and didn't maximize my breaks) and it was okay. Or maybe I was just lucky with my split because yesterday was the first time I saw Tine break down in frustration after a jerk of a client who called and then later on, she started cursing (to think she's a really mild-mannered person). I also discovered the Hangaroo saved in Marc's folder so that's what I humored myself with during lulls. And Chris amused us with the newspaper he was reading.

Even if it was fun, I can understand why Marl hates having to work on that kind of schedule. I can empathize why she always complains she has no life. Like last night, we could hear drums and music to celebrate the Chinese New Year while we were in the office, working. It's hard to imagine a life that revolves around your office. With a schedule like 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., I don't think there's much to do except to get ready to go to work in the morning, then head home at night (unless you find someone--if you have the same sked--to gimmick with after work, but then again, there's work the next day). I really felt that way yesterday! Thought the day flew by, there wasn't much done except to go to the office then go home. I sort of missed my "normal" weekend in that sense. I wasn't able to do what I did on weekends (go out, relax, hang out, eat out [waah, I miss that], not think of work, etc.) and I felt I really wasted this weekend.

Well. I did this schedule switch once as a favor. I wonder if I'll agree to do it again. I liked and didn't like it.

Passwords

I was almost not able to log on yesterday because the system we use told me "your password has expired, please change your password". So I changed my password into a variation of my old password and no matter how many times I changed and inputted it, the system refused to accept the new one. So I came up with another one and after 17 minutes, the system finally accepted it. I was just freaked out because if the system doesn't accept your password after a certain number of tries, your user name will be locked out and one would have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to change/enable it, because the system is connected to Singapore and they don't process on weekends. If they did process on weekends, well, it would take 24 hours. Not useful also. Actually, if your username is down, you get sent to work in another department, mostly admin work. That wouldn't be so bad, but I had to work on Saturday because I switched and it's a favor--so if I was absent or unable to work that day, Marl would be the one liable (labo no? I mean, it would still be under my stats naman).

Wonder if I'll remember my password there? We have to change our various passwords every 15 or so days for so many systems we access, I'm not sure I remember all of them. When I saw my PIN for the ATM, I realized it was another bunch of numbers I had to remember! Argh! Gwennie says she's so aliw with the way I remember numbers and stuff (I fished her crush's home number from the library before), but I think right now, I might forget all of these numbers and letters. Oh well. I'll see on Monday.

Posted at 10:12 AM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home

ABOUT MONCH
Lefty. Bookworm. Loves to write. Chocoholic. Hyper at times. Not as sweet as this blog looks.

I am The current mood of monch at www.imood.com now.

Email me here.
'BOUT YOU
FAVORITES
LIVES
I LURK
CREDITS
Template Design: ReelPersona
Image Copyright: Kurt Halsey
Image Hosting: Photobucket

Syndicate this site: XML

leftieblog
« ? * # »

This site is powered by Blogger.  

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.